Name: Mohammad Y. Al-Hashel, Ph.D
- Doctor of Philosophy in Finance, Old Dominion University, Virginia, USA, December 2003.
- Master of Arts, Economics, Old Dominion University, Virginia, USA, August 2003.
- Master of Business Administration, Finance Concentration, Emory University, Georgia, USA, May 2001.
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Diploma, Ernst & Young, Kingdom of Bahrain, April 2008.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, Kuwait University, August 1997.
- Governor and Chairman of the Board of Directors, Central Bank of Kuwait.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Institute of Banking Studies.
- Alternate Governor of the State of Kuwait at the International Monetary Fund, and the Arab Monetary Fund.
- Member of the Governing Board and Chairperson of the Board Executive Committee of the International Islamic Liquidity Management (IILM).
- Member of the Council of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB).
- Member of the Higher Petroleum Council.
- Member of the Board of Directors, Kuwait Investment Authority.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Gulf Monetary Council.
- Member of the Financial Stability Board Regional Consultative Group for the Middle East and North Africa.
Awards, Prizes and Honors
- Awarded two certificates of excellence from the late Amir of Kuwait, His Highness Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmed Al-Sabah, Kuwait, (1992 and 1998).
- Dean's list, Kuwait University, Kuwait, (1993 - 1997).
- Graduated ranked first in the class of 1997, GPA 3.97 / 4.0 - Summa Cum Laude, Honor's List, Kuwait University, Kuwait, 1997.
- Won the "Wall Street Journal" award for best achievement in Finance, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2001.
- Dean's list, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2000 - 2001.
- Member of the BETA GAMMA SIGMA, the Honors Association for the AACSB Accredited Business Programs.
- Visionary Award - Central Bank Governor For The Year 2015, by The Union of Arab Banks (UAB) in recognition of his achievements in establishing successful Monetary and Regulatory Policies in The State of Kuwait.