Consumers' Complaints (Individuals or Corporates)
Guidelines Regarding Consumers' Complaints:
- The individual customers may use the designated Complaint Form to file a complaint to CBK against any CBK regulated entity (banks, investment companies, finance companies or exchange companies) in the following cases only:
- In case CBK regulated entity (banks, investment companies, finance companies) has not provided them with the Complaint Form or responded to their complaint in writing within the specified period (30 business days) from the date of submission.
- Complaints against exchange companies.
- The corporate customers (companies and institutions) may use the designated Complaint Form to file a complaint directly to CBK against any CBK regulated entity (banks, investment companies, finance companies or exchange companies).
- Any complaint, the decision on which is made in accordance with the internal policies of the CBK regulated entities (banks, investment companies, finance companies or exchange companies) shall not be considered. For an example, request for loan/debt restructure, loan reduction, inability to repay, etc.
- The following types of complaints shall be discarded:
- Complaints brought before the courts or public prosecution.
- Complaints against non CBK regulated entities.
- Ambiguous/groundless complaints or false allegations.
- Complaints raised by the employees of CBK regulated entities against their supervisors.
- Complaints that have been previously filed unless a new issue is raised.
- Complaints, where the name and signature of the complainant or his/her attorney do not appear thereon shall not be considered. If any attorney is authorized, an official power of attorney should be submitted along with copies of the complainant’s and attorney’s IDs and phone numbers. In addition, all supporting documents should be submitted.
- The complainant shall be contacted to be informed of the action taken on his/her complaint; he/she will not need to visit CBK for a follow-up.
Note: No complaint/appeal is received via email; all complaints/appeals must be filed in person at the Reception of CBK Headquarters.