Information Systems Coordination & Supervision Unit
This unit assumes the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out inspections on the information systems at the banking and financial institutions subject to CBK supervision and on the technologies applied in the provision of banking services, along with providing comments on the soundness of financial transactions, in coordination with Information Systems and Operations Department, if needed.
- Executing the approved programs for information systems development, as well as all activities relevant to the usage by Supervision staff of computer hardware, systems and programs. In addition, remedying all problems confronting the system, in coordination with the concerned sections in the Supervision Sector on one hand and the Information Systems and Operations Department and IT Strategic Planning Department on the other.
- Ascertaining the compliance of the banking and financial institutions subject to CBK supervision with the CBK decisions regarding information technology systems.
- Determining the requirements and preparing the budget for computer hardware, systems and programs needed by the Supervision Sector, in coordination with the Information Systems and Operations Department.
- Executing and following up the emergency plan for personal computers and information network at the Supervision Sector, so as to allow their recovery in the event of contingency situations, in coordination with the Information Systems and Operations Department.
- Contributing to the preparation of studies and recommendations with regard to the interconnection of networks of automated teller machines in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, and any other similar works, along with participating in the specialized meetings and conferences within that area, in coordination with Information Systems and Operations Department.
- Participating in the preparation of training plans for the Supervision Sector staff members, regarding computer usage.